It's Me!

My photo
Hey Everyone! Welcome to my TEMPORARY blog! The new blog is under construction and will be up shortly!! I love photography, my hubby and my puppy Tazer! I do fun family and lifestyle photography. I am also a trained ABA Therapist with much experience with children with Austism and other related disorders. So if you need some rockin' photos hit me up at Kelseylauren4@gmail.com! Enjoy :]

Monday, July 11, 2011

4th Of July | Part 1:: The Boat

Monday is back. I guess I should stop being so surprised when it happens. After all, it happens every six days! We just spent a F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S weekend that I will blog about in a few days! After a weekend like that, Monday comes around a packs a little more punch than usual. We decided to run at 530am, well at least we had good intentions. Slept in, then pulled myself out of bed and went straight for my coffee...only to open to fridge and see we were out of creamer! What?! I like to pretend to be a hard core coffee drinker but the truth is I can't get close to it without cream! Enough about coffee...

Fourth of July was just fabulous! My husband got up before the sun to go fishing in the bay with my dad and brother. So I started my day with walking and Starbucks with my amazing mother and hilarious aunt, oh ya and of course the puppy. Then I went home and slaved over some fun cupcakes that you will see below :] We ended the day on my parent's boat in San Diego bay for the fireworks show. This was Tazer's first time on a boat and since he is such a good boy we assumed that he will be just perfect. For the entire trip he was fabulous, curious about the water, the fish and the birds. In San Diego, they set up four firework barges throughout the bay for the most amazing firework show! We backed the boat up to the barge with the city of San Diego as our back drop. Kevin and I snuggled up with Tazer at our feet, the first blast went off and Tazer glanced up then put his head back down. Apparently, that was just the warm up blast, and apparently we failed to think about how dogs react to fireworks. Then the real show started and before we could blink, Tazer was in our laps losing control of both his bladder and his bowels...yes, even his bowels. Then in a frantic panic, he flew over our shoulders and hid in the cabin shaking and crying. Kevin and I looked at each other, both soiled and smelling like a port-a-potty. We both went to sit with him but since Kevin got the worst of it, I just couldn't sit in the cabin with him. I was going to lose my dinner. So there Tazer and I sat, him practically in my sweatshirt, me covered in his liquid-to-semisolid waste (yuckk) and Kevin banned outside. But we could all still see the show and we had a change of clothes so really it was a great night that turned into a funny story! Here are a few shots from the day...








the brother!
My sweet boys

The captain and his wife! aka my parents

If we would have let him, he would have jumped off
Tazer was SO interested in the fish!
My sweet little family :]
While I was holding the freaked out pup, Kevin grabbed some awesome shots of the fireworks...Great job Babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment